LIBERTY COMMON High School WOMEN’s Swimming 2020 - 2021
Head Coach: Rob Huey email@example.com 970-689-9016
Thank you for showing interest in Liberty Common High School’s swim & dive team! I am excited to get this program going and working toward building the best small school swim team in the state. We will compete in the Patriot League and the 3A state championship meet (qualifiers).
- Be strong student athletes by maintaining athletic eligibility and a strong GPA throughout the season.
- Be recognized by officials and opposing coaches as having a strong sense of team and good sportsmanship.
- Become the best small school high school swim team in the state of Colorado
- First Day of Practice – Monday January 4, 2021 3:30 – 4:30pm
- You must Register – Physical – Pay: https://lceagles.com/registration-information/
- You must get a physical exam and upload it to Arbiter Athlete/Big Teams.
- You must pay your athletic fee.
- Swimming practices are all at EPIC – Mondays – Fridays 3:30 – 4:30pm PLUS Friday mornings (Varsity only) 5:15 – 6:45AM.
- Diving practices are with all high schools within PSD. Days/Times are TBD. Liberty divers will compete at all Liberty meets, if they have the 6 (or 11) required dives.
- Swimmers must find their own ride to/from practice – other swimmers may be able to carpool.
- Due to COVID, locker rooms are not available for changing or showering. You must arrive in your suit (you may change in the school locker rooms) and leave in your suit.
- If possible, please be on deck by 3:20 for dynamic stretching. Be ready to be in the water by 3:30.
- We will be following LCHS guidelines for snow days, so if school is canceled, so is practice. If school is on late start, there will be no morning practice.
- Please be prepared for changes due to COVID-19, the availability of lane space, and the fluctuating restrictions in Larimer County. It is very likely that meets and practices will need to adjust prior to or during the season, so we all need to be flexible this season.
Pre-Season Swim Clinics:
- We will have optional in-water clinic/practices focusing on technique on Mondays/Tuesdays/Thursdays at EPIC on the following dates: December 7, 8, 10, 14, 15, 17 from 3:30 – 4:30pm; and December 28, 29, and 31 from 9:30 – 10:30am.
- We have lane space for a maximum of 20 swimmers per session. The Friday before each week, I will send out a Google Sheet to sign-up. If all 20 spots fill-up, you will not be able to attend that session. If that happens, let me know and I will prioritize you for the following week.
- Due to new COVID requirements, you need to arrive at the pool with your suit on, and leave the pool with your suit on. Locker room usage is minimal and not open for changing or showering. (Our parkas will come in handy this season).
- Masks must be worn up until the point that you get into the water
- Meets are every Thursday 1/14 – 2/18. Additionally, we will have one virtual meet vs. Berthoud. All meets are away, except our virtual meet will be at EPIC.
Varsity and JV:
- Due to all of the changes and restrictions due to COVID-19, Liberty’s typical point system for lettering will be disregarded for this season only. We will designate Varsity and JV swimmers over the first two weeks of the season. To maintain Varsity status, swimmers/divers must have a 90% attendance participation or more throughout the season. Exceptions are made for school-sicknesses, quarantines, or college visits. Varsity swimmers will have priority at meets; JV swimmers will likely rotate through meets on a space-available basis.
- All returning Varsity members will retain their Varsity status this year.
- Returning JV swimmers and new swimmers will be evaluated over the first two weeks. Athletes will be advanced to the Varsity squad by invitation. Athletes may be advanced to Varsity throughout the season based on Varsity slots available, attendance, meet performance, and ability to swim all events and/or an event of need for the team.
- Varsity swimmers are expected to attend all six practice a week (or five practices plus a meet).
- JV swimmers will be assigned practices; 2-5 practices per week based on lane space.
Club Swimmer Policy:
- If a swimmer is swimming on a Club swim team (FAST, Loveland, Vortex) concurrent with the high school season, the swimmer must discuss a practice plan with the head coach. That plan should include:
- Swimming at least 2 practices with Liberty per week.
- A commitment to practice with your club team when not practicing with Liberty.
- A commitment to swim at least 90% of Liberty’s meets (preferably 100%).